REVIVE TV EPISODE #30
Chronic back pain sufferers… When is the pain going to end? Why does it get better, but come back again, usually worse than the last time? Why is that treatment (chiropractic, physiotherapy, massage, etc…) helps but doesn’t resolve it? We’ll tell you today as we break down the 5 Biggest Back Pain Myths.
About 70-75% of all the people who present to our practice list ‘chronic lower back pain’ as their primary reason for seeking help and care. TheN about 20% relates to neck related issues and the final 5-10% various other health challenges.
This doesn’t really surprise as the Australian Bureau of Statistics estimates that 3.7 million Australians (16%) suffer from back pain per year and that 70-90% of all people will experience back pain at some point in their liveS.
Sitting has commonly been referred to as the ‘new smoking’. Meaning a sedentary lifestyle is not only poor for us, it can also cause us to lose our health – much like smoking. Yes, commonly we will see people with chronic lower back pain who sit a lot, however it’s not the sitting that is a problem.
So if sitting isn’t the problem what is?
- Glad you asked – You see it’s what happens to our spinal mechanics and the postural muscles when we are sedantry too long that are the problem. Firstly, the natural and efficient ‘C’ shape that our spine takes in standing is lost. Second, as the spine straightens out, the muscles change their position and tension to suit this new postural position. This is not a mistake, it is by design….
On Revive TV we dive deeper into the complex nature of back pain and today we share:
• What goes wrong when you lose your lumbar curve and how to correct it.
• The value you of visiting a spinal expert, like a chiropractor, osteopath or physiotherapist.
• Why the pain goes away but comes again – not what you may think!
• Why I believe back pain is not something you should have to live with!!!
Join us every Thursday for Revive TV, our weekly health show where I share the best information, tips and strategies I have found the will help take your health to new levels. Struggling with a current health challenge or looking to maximise your life, we have got you covered!
Do you have a question or topic you’d like answered on another show? Please contact us via our Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/revivechiro/ or email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do our best to find you the answer.